Tuesday, December 30, 2008

DARE I BLOG!!??

Now I know why I am long in adding new posts. I have nothing to say. Nothing exciting or profound, especially when there are serious things going on in the world. You want to know what is on my mind today?? Talk about trivial.

Well, should I go to the movies today or tomorrow? I want to see Frost/Nixon and Frank isn't interested so I'll go alone.

I've finished reading the book Marley & Me and we'll be going to see that with Frank's brother and his wife who are dog/animal lovers.

I look around my house and acknowledge the clutter surrounding me, but it doesn't interest me to get up and start straigtening up.

Since taking a break from attending Bible study group I have hardly picked up God's Word. That's my problem. The saying "A week without the Word make one weak." That's me. I'm too involved in trivial than with the Word. I've become spiritually weak. This always happens when my study group takes a break. I don't really like taking the breaks because of my lack of self-discipline. My group has started 2 Timmy and Paul's words to Timmy in 1:6 "...I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you..." Since we broke for break that has kept running in my mind. Another versions says "fan into flame." My flame right now is a little low I need to start flaming this precious gift within me before it gets any lower.



I'm so thankful for the Spirit whose been the One nudging me with that verse. God will never let me go so far that the flame will actually fizzle out. What would I do without Him? Nothing can separate His love from me. Thank you Lord for penetrating this foggy mind of mine right now. I will take time for you today.

PS: Thanks for the beauty of Your red roses this morning outside in the cold. You ARE a Wonder!

2 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Blog away dear Sister! Happy New Year to you, I pray you blessed mightily by our Heavenly Father this year.

Annette

Javetta Allen Mercadel said...

Sweet Mitzi!!
My sweet sister in Christ. We are kindred spirits. I have been feeling the same way here lately. I've been asking God for a fresh pouring of His Spirit on me because my flame was low. I want Jesus but I end up looking at the dirty kitchen and choose it instead. I want Jesus but I must return that stuff back to Wal Mart instead. And the list goes on. Why is it so much easier to be disciplined in triviality than the things of God??

Anywho, I love you sister and I hope you and your family have a Jesus New Year!