Friday, December 26, 2008

SURPRISE MINISTRY & OTHER CHRISTMAS TIDBITS

Merry Christmas to everyone in Blogland, you or two who visit. :) Every year I seem to think "this Christmas was the best." Well, I'm saying that again. And it's all because of family. It's not the gifts but my family. The grandkids are such a joy to watch. Little Gina was into her dino's this year, Larissa into Hannah Montana, and Timothy into his miniature skateboard, batting cage certificate and other older kid things. He keeps saying he has a mustache but he doesn't know the difference between peach fuzz and mustache.

One gift I got for Christmas has turned into ministry. My son Adam got me a police scanner. I've always loved law enforcement, I used to work at the PD in my younger years, now I watch the police shows etc. As I've been listening to the scanner I've come to realize that I can pray for those needing police assistance. The one that caught my heart was a mother who had her 7 year old son begging for money on the boulevard and domestic violence on Christmas night. What a good time to pray, right at the particular moment. I'm excited about this.

We spent Christmas Day at my mom's. My immediate family was there except my brother. The cousins got together and I was amazed at their good behavior. No petty arguments. I have good nieces, nephew and grands. They all got along so good. Lots of laughter, eating and yelling for the Lakers. Everytime I'm with my family, when I leave I want to get together again more often. But I never to anything about it. Well, this year will be different. I told everyone that we will get together at my house Memorial weekend 2009 at my house for a barbeque or something.

I have the rest of next week off (Thank you Jesus!) and plan to relax and relax.

I'll be posting a picture of me and my sister at mom's later this evening, maybe somemore pics too. Frank's coffee mug spilled in his "man purse/tote bag" and leaked all over everything including the camera case. I think it might have gotten to the lens as the pictures are cloudy at the bottom.

Feliz Navidad everyone.

2 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Glad you had such a great celebration. My dad was a policeman for 25 yrs with the Houston PD. Praying while listening to calls is a great ministry. Praying for those in need as well as protection for those responding.

Enjoy your time off!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

I had a great time at Mom's, too! I'll make sure to make a note about Memorial Day weekend. I'd like to do some entertaining in 2009 also.

Hope you have a relaxing time off!