Friday, December 12, 2008

WHAT'S ON MY HEART TODAY

I feel like a traitor to the faithful blog world. I was totally into myspace for the last couple of months. Leah talked me into getting a space and it was fun for awhile but too much work and very visually annoying. I'd get a head ache scrolling through everyone's "stuff." I'm not knocking what brought them enjoyment but for me to read all their stuff was too time consuming AND getting a "comment" from someone was very rare if at all. At least with the blog world I know no one may ever read it but myself or my sweet sister Lisa. SO I'M BACK TO BLOGGING.

Granddaughter #2, Larissa, is practicing her songs for the "holidays" in kindergarten. Boy, can she sing a good Kwanza song and about Hannaka. WHERE'S THE BABY JESUS!!! Oh yeah, she's in public school. He's not allowed in! It really hurts to realize that everything is accepted except no one can mention Jesus. Timothy is in the chorus in 5th grade and they're practicing their "holiday" songs as well. They are singing a traditional Christmas song but have taken the name of Jesus out of it. I can't remember which one it is right now. His presentation is this coming Wednesday. After it's over I plan to shout "Happy Birthday Jesus!" My own personal protest. ;)

My Friday morning Bible study group is doing Kay Arthur's "Back to the Garden" God's design for a woman's sexuality. IT IS WONDERFUL!! I highly recommend this study to any woman, any age, married or single. Kay gives the facts straightforward about sex and the beauty of our specialness as women. I think every high school girl should take it. Sex is one subject that I never heard talked about at church ever! And yet God created our sexuality. She talked about the importance of our virginity, purity and our bodies as the temple of Spirit. There is no blushing among us ladies taking this course and I believe that is truly the Holy Spirit anointing this class. We have shared with one another our experiences in light of God's Word and have had healing from past mistakes and a fresh, pure vision of ourselves as God's vessels to the Lord and to our husbands. The singles I do this with are enjoying this as much as us marrieds. I plan to approach the youth group leaders to recommend this to them.

The weather outside is cool and crisp. I love it. Is it still fall? The leaves are all over our front yard since we never rake. I like the look though.

We're going Christmas Caroling tomorrow afternoon. We'll visit three rest homes. AND we are bringing Jesus with us!! After we'll all return to the church office for some goodies to eat and fellowship to share.

Doris Day is singing "I'll be Home for Christmas" right now. I love Doris Day's singing. My dad made me a cassesstte with her songs which I treasure. He also made me a Ella Fitzgerald. Which leads me to say that lately I've been into jazz. That's all I listen to anymore. Speaking of music, I just love the new song by Beyonce, the Etta James song "At Last." The movie Cadillac Records is going to be a must for me. I was going to go alone today and see it but I couldn't remember if it was out yet. Another favorite is singer Dinah Washington.

Well I think I've said all I can right now. I'll try not to be so long in posting. Ha Ha Like everyone is so waiting to hear from me, like that visit everyday. You know a blog is good when you go to it every day and feel a little let down when they haven't posted. Those kind of blogs spoil me into wanting something new everyday.

Time for me to go read something.

2 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Your back to blogging...yea! I have not checked your blog since mid Nov. I need to put you back on my list of blogs.

Have a great weekend and a blessed Sabbath.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Well, welcome back! I'm not very familiar with Myspace, but from what I've seen, it does look very "busy". I'm satisfied with blogger.
That's terrible that Jesus is taken out of his own birthday celebration! I remember when I was still working, the boss one year said he didn't want us singing the songs with Jesus in them at our Christmas party. Too PC in that place.
BTW, I don't know how to do those free template designs. I do want to look into it, but so far I haven't had a block of time to do it. I need lots of time and when I'm not really tired (who knows when that will be - haha)!!!