Saturday, March 21, 2009

RETURNING TO FINISH MY THOUGHTS FROM LAST TIME

Before I signed off last time I said I would mention "Worship at the Abbey." When hubby and I got rid of cable we were left with regular TV which isn't even worthy watching anymore because of the very poor reception. BUT we do get a worship channel that is a very pleasant surprise and doesn't fade in and out as much as the regular channels. (is that God or what!) This particular channel (worship.net I think) has christian infomercials and one of them was Worship at the Abbey. I sat down to watch the infomercial and was taken aback by the beautiful songs that just ministered to my heart at the right time. The first one Stuart Townsend singing "My God." and the words just struck a chord with my heart and had me in tears. "My God takes the broken and makes them whole" "My God....calls the sinner, friend." Typing the words don't to it justice.

The other song, I found out it was written by Stuart Townsend too, was sung by Kelly Minter. Now the connection I have with Kelly Minter is last summer I, as with hundreds of others on Beth Moore's blog, did her (kelly's) bible study "No Other Gods." When I saw her singing at the Abbey I got excited and told Frank "I know her!" "I did her Bible study last summer blah blah blah." Her song to just melted my heart. She sang "How Deep the Father's Love for Us." That song just turns me to mush when I hear the words, especially when she sang "....and made a wretch his treasure." Oh what love God has for me. I can't resist those words of love from the Father.

I've been trying to download the songs from youtube onto this blog but can't seem to do it. So I would invite you to go to youtube.com

search for Worship at the Abbey

then when it comes up click on My God by Stuart Townsend and How Deep the Father's Love by Kelly Minter. They are so good.

If you know how to copy a segment from Youtube can you let me know how, and of course in very simple terms.

Did I mention I have jury duty the week of March 30. I enjoy doing my civic duty but this time around isn't too practical for me especially if I get on a jury panel and heaven forbid be selected to be on a case. Being a church secretary this time of year is not a good time to be away from the office what with all the bulletin for Holy Week (it's a Lutheran church) and then a big one for Easter. And I have to get the church newsletter printed and mailed out too. Part of me hopes I don't get called to be on a panel. I just want to do my day and be released. Oh well, I can't stress over what is out of my control.

So long for now. I'm out of thoughts worth mentioning.

1 comment:

Abba's Girl said...

When on Youtube, click on share which is under the video and the blog icon should come up...you can follow the instructions on the screen, it's very easy...usually only takes a few minutes for the video to appear on your blog.