Monday, March 16, 2009

SORRY FOR THE DELAY

I have three followers according to my side bars. Oh my, the pressure is on to produce something interesing!! Bless you ladies who follow me.

So much has been happening but not blog worthy, so it seems to me. But I'll just go ahead and talk.

The last time I posted I had said that we didn't have cable tv anymore and we still dont. I did miss some of the shows I watched but i don't think about them anymore. Since then we did get the box one needs to see something and rabbit ears for the bedroom. But TV doesn't capture my heart like it once did. The real reason why is that everytime I try to watch the reception is awful. So it's almost a bother to try. The color is bad too. I almost hope we never get cable again because I know I'll go back to watching TV again. But maybe not, maybe my strength and resolve are stronger now.

I've started doing jigzaw puzzles and love doing it. I can sit for a couple of hours and not realize how much time has elapsed. Plus I've started reading again. I love mysteries. I can't put a good book down and have been known to read while cooking.

I'm supposed to get together with my sister so she can teach me to crochet something. That'll probably take a good part of my time too.

I've been sick this past weekend. Had to go to the doctor on Saturday and am now taking antibiotics for a sinus infection and battling a cold too. Ugh! I didn't go to work today and slept for a long time. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorow to get back to work.

I'm on call for jury duty starting March 30. I don't mind, I like doing jury duty. My time will be at Compton Court which is one of the best courthouses to do jury duty. They treat their jurors real nice. While we wait we can use their computers, watch movies, or whatever one brings along to move time along.

I started reading JOhn Piper's "Future Grace" this Sunday. I just love to listen to his teachings. I have to read and listen to him real slow as he is a little over my head but it's worth it. He has a great sermon called "What is the recession for" on his website www.desiringgod.org God has purpose for our recession.

My small groups started studying the book of Romans. I listen to Piper alot to get more insight into Romans.

I have fallen in love with Leah's dog Roxy. I am not an animal lover at all. Give me goldfish anytime. But dogs or cats no. All our married life Frank and I have had dogs but they were his dogs. I didn't mess with them. But along comes Roxy and she just melted my heart. I will have to take a picture of her and share it. I don't like dogs that jump all over me, sniff all over me, bark, growl, or whatever dogs do to be themself. But Roxy is so cute. She is a little terrior and something else and listens to me. She doesn't smell or drool. I like her sitting on my lap or when I lay on the bed she jumps up and lays with me. Why allow this I don't know. I must be mellowing in my old age. Roxy is a good girl. Too bad she isn't mine to keep. But maybe that's why I like her so much. I can love on her and send her home.

I'g going to sign off real quick. I'm getting a publishing may fail notice and I don't won't to have to rewrite this, I'll lose the momentum. Byeeeeee.

1 comment:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Hope you're starting to feel better. We've all made the rounds with these colds and coughs. We're in a good spell right now.

I remember serving jury duty in Compton once. I was pleasantly surprised that it was safe and very juror friendly. That was before the PC age. I remember thinking I would rather serve there than in Long Beach. But I never got called back there.

I still haven't forgotten about the crocheting. I'll be talking to you about it soon.