Saturday, June 21, 2008

BLOGGING OBSERVATIONS

Blogging can be unending, a cyber black hole. I can drop in on one favorite and before I know I'm hooked on their favorite and their favorites favorite and so on and so on. Example: I visited Abbasgirl today and one of her favorites is "Middle-years." I was drawn to that particular one because of the middle-year title. I'm in my middle years or autumn years can't decide which. Being 58 years old, 60 years doesn't seem so old anymore as when I was in my 20s. Anyway, Middle-years has a favorite called "Laced With Grace." I was drawn to that blog because I love God's grace, I need God's grace desperately. Went to Laced with Grace and her site has others to blog onto and so on and so on. Like I said at an earlier post this can be full time blogging. :)

Since starting "No other God" God has been bringing to my conscienousness many of the idols that are in my life. Could blogging become an idol for me? Just wondering. I think I'm here alot because it's new for me. There are so many sisters in Christ out there that I don't feel alone in some of the struggles I go through. We can pray for one another. Having prayer from sisters I don't know brings a bond that only Christ can make. Knowing Christ together is really all we need. Christ binds us. Blogging is a good thing, I'll just have to watch myself. Thank you Lord for bringing this to my attention. May my being with you and your Word be much more rewarding than blogging. Thank you Lord for the sweet women I've encountered through this. Bless my blogging sisters, their families, their churches. Keep me on guard with myself and my motives Lord. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitzi, I wondered too. But I use this as a way to encourage, to share and to share lessons I am learning. I don't want it to be all about me me me. There is usually a thought or two going into the post that I like to get across. I like to share my stitcheries. But to go on and on and on about me and my "stuff" I think that would make it a god.

I just started this study too. I had to print it since the book is back ordered. I loved Beth's video, didn't you??

Much love, and keep cool!! P

Linda said...

Hi Mitzi,
Thanks so much for visiting. It's really nice to meet you. I know exactly how you feel. I've gone back and forth over this issue of blogging and am still, after nearly two years of doing it, struggling to find a good balance. There have been times I thought I should give it up altogether, but I think the Lord would just have me put it in its proper place in my life. It can be a wonderful to tool to encourage and bless - and just plain enjoy.
Have a blessed weekend.

Abba's Girl said...

I have asked the Lord to show me if blogging becomes an idol, satan would love to mess it up for us since we have a Christian community and support each other in prayer and with love.

Have a blessed week.

Annette

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Hey, Mitzi -

I've tagged you with a meme if you'd like to participate. Check out my blog. Keep cool this week!