Saturday, June 14, 2008

FAVORITE BLOGS & WEBSITES

Why I like the following:
ALL POSTERS: I love art and this website has great art that one can purchase inexpensively as a poster, laminated, on a frame etc. My favorite picture on this site is "Bench" by Edward Noott. I fell in love with this picture as soon as I saw it. The girl reminds me of me when I was younger. ONe could always find me with my nose in a book. I love gardens and to be in the fragrant quiet of a garden reading a book with my flip flops on is this side of heaven. I have yet to make a purchase.

AMANDA & JACKSON JONES: Amanda is the daughter of Beth Moore and Jackson is Beth's grandson. Amanda is married to Curtis Jones and just moved to Houston not too long ago. She's been married seven years and is a role-model for young women today. She's a great wife and mother. We've never met.

BETH MOORE BLOG: If you are reading this blog you probably know Beth Moore so I won't repeat again that she is a great Bible teacher. You already know that plus more.

CHRISTIAN BOOK DISTRIBUTORS: Great deals on Christian books, especially Bibles!!

CNN News: Love daily news around the world.

GATHERING OF FRIENDS: Miss Paula is my Wednesday night Bible study leader. She is so creative in many things. One of the perks in attending her class (besides studying God's Word) is that she'll make cute bookmarks, name tags, class calendars for us and laminate them and I can use it forever. I still have all my name tag bookmarks. So far I've done The Patriarchs, Living Beyond Yourself and A Woman's Heart with Paula. I started Loving Well but really didn't finish. I think we're doing Believing God in the fall. I'm in!

JOHN PIPER SERMONS: John Piper is a pastor of truth and sound doctrine of God's Word. He can sometime be a little above my head but that's the challenge. He doesn't give the milk of the Word but the steak and potatoes. His website is packed with great topics for today's culture. He does not compromise God's Word. Plus his books are reasonably priced.

MY SISTER LISA: Lisa is my baby sister. We are 14 years apart. I admire her so much. She is an intelligent woman, a great mother and wife, organized. She did things that I could only dream of. She graduated from college, studied in Spain, had a good job, got married to Steve has three children and now has the best job ever, which her college degree did not prepare her for: being a stay at home mom. But she is doing so well with her household. She has great patience with her kids Kathryn, Ryan and Emily. I'm proud of my baby sister.

ONE PLACE: So many pastors and teacher of the Word to select from. Every style and church denomination, plus Christian radio.

REVIVE OUR HEARTS: Another great Bible teacher with no compromise of the Word. Nancy Leigh DeMoss tells it like it is. Her topics are applicable for today. This week's study has been on Esther. Last study was on Rahab. I've bought some of her CD's and listen to her often. She's also on itoons.

SGT. & MRS. HUBS: I found this site through Beth Moore's blog. The picture (avatar ?) on her blog caught my attention. Her husband kissing her cheek and she's making a squimish face. She is a great photographer and writer. Her children are precious and this is just a good blog. Plus she posts often which keeps me going back.

I do visit other blogs but these blogs are the ones I will visit almost everyday.

7 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

I will look for Nancy Leigh DeMoss' cd's. I didn't know there was such a thing. We have done a couple of her studies at church, they are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Mitzi you have a Blog!! I am so excited. I will add you to my sidebar!!!

If you need any help at all or questions on how to do this or that e-mail me!!!

Thanks for the nice words!! You are a special woman!!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Mitzi! I am Paula's daughter in law!! I wanted to welcome you to blogland!!! So happy you have joined us!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mitzi! I came across your blog from Miss Paula welcome to the blogging world.
Beth Moore is amazing I love her studies. :)

Becky K. said...

Hi Mitzi! Welcome to this fun and loving commuity of bloggers. Enjoy your journey...
I came over from Paula's Blog.

Becky K.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Aw! Kind words to say. I hope you don't mind, but I am going to add you to my blogroll. Have fun working on your new blog.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Hi Mitzi!

Welcome to the Blogging world! Miss Paula is my sister in law, and I read about your blog on hers.

Have fun with it, and I look forward to getting to know you!